Monday, December 19, 2011

Sugar and Saint Frances

 I love the stories that I hear from the folks that ask me to paint their animals.
Sometimes I get to meet the animals, sometimes they are already in Heaven.
I have a prayer from Saint Frances of Assisi that I always hand  the person, picking up the completed portrait.
 I love this prayer because I love the thought of this good Saintly Man caring for our animals while waiting for us.
This happy, tennis ball loving girl was a very beloved member of her family.
Her name was Sugar. It was the perfect name for her.
She slept with and guarded her person, all night long.
She loved to swim in the pool and would often mistake happy splashing for the "need to rescue"!
I love to think of Sugar splashing happily in Heaven, while St. Frances laughs.dottiebassett8152@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment